- Integrated multitrack recording, editing,
mixing, and delivery of audio and MIDI.
- 24-bit/96 kHz audio hardware support.
- Simultaneously record multiple tracks
with support for multi-channel audio hardware.
- Internal MIDI precision of 960 PPQN for
rock-solid synchronization, and recording and editing accuracy.
- Unlimited undo/redo with history.
- Unlimited potential tracks and real-time
effects inserts, 16 auxiliary sends, and up to 64 virtual main outputs.
- Envelope automation of audio and MIDI,
synths, effects, and mix parameters with sub-sample level accuracy.
- Copy, paste, edit, and move automation as
- Global control surface support with
presets and learn mode.
- Optional WDM Kernel Streaming for faster
audio processing and mixing, live input monitoring of effects, and
lowest-latency DXi soft synths. (Requires WDM-compatible audio hardware).Fully-automatable DirectX 8 audio
- Add more DirectX effects as needed to
expand your audio processing power.
- Supports and includes DXi soft synths.
- Additional DXi synths available
separately from leading developers.
- Unlimited simultaneous DXi. synths
- Integrate ReWire-compatible synths.
- Add VST instruments and effects with VST
to DX converters, available separately.
- Advanced audio loop construction and
- Professional meters with peak, RMS, peak
and RMS, pre-fader, post-fader, and pre-fader post effects metering.
- Automatic crossfade of overlapping audio
clips with curve options.
- Non-destructive slip editing (trimming)
of audio and MIDI.
- Real-time MIDI FX plug-ins for
non-destructive MIDI editing.
- Multitrack Piano Roll view for precise
editing of MIDI data.
- Notation of MIDI tracks with guitar
tablature, percussion symbols, chord libraries, and fretboard display.
- Event List view with display filtering.
- View and edit tempos via graphical map or
- Frame-accurate SMPTE synchronization with
variable frame rates; auto-detection of incoming timecode.
- Unlimited real-time locate markers.
- Support for custom screen layouts and
- Advanced project file management with
networked media support.
- Import multiple file formats: AIF, ASF,
AU, AVI, BUN, MID, MP2, MP3, MPEG, MPG, SND, WAV, WRK.
- Export to WAV to burn CDs; export
ACID-format audio for use in other projects and applications; export video
and audio to AVI.
- Encode audio to MP3, RealAudio G2, and
Windows Media ASF. (Includes trial version of Fraunhofer MP3 encoder).
- Dual-monitor support.
- Multi-processor support.
- Extensive 615 page manual and context
sensitive online help.
- New in SONAR 2.1
- SONAR 2.1 lets you collaborate and
exchange project files with users of other programs and platforms, and
gives you even more control over your studio.
- SONAR 2.1 is a free download to
registered SONAR 2.0 customers. If you are a registered SONAR 2.0 customer
you can access the download here
(please have your serial number ready).
- Check out all the new enhancements in
- OMFI & Broadcast Wave
Format (BWF) import/export. Support for OMFI and Broadcast Wave files
provides cross-platform compatibility with OMFI host applications such as
Pro Tools, Avid and Logic systems.
- Mackie Control and Mackie
Control XT surface hardware support, allowing you to use the new Mackie
surface hardware and multiple extender units to control SONAR's recording,
editing and mixing operations.
- Windows Media 9 audio
export support, providing unmatched audio quality with the latest audio
streaming technology available for distributing music over the internet.
- MMC support, SONAR can
now respond to MMC messages.
- Dedicated support for
29.97 SMPTE/MTC timecode.
- Trim, offset, and preview
mode render option for AVI, MPEG and QuickTime digital video files.
- New Cyclone DXi features
including snap to grid with assignable resolution, slice preview.
- Accept and record
universal SYSX messages (MIDI real-time messages).
- Improved handling of
slip-edited MIDI clips.
- Event Properties
- New key bindings for
frequently accessed commands.
- Additional functionality
enhancements including past SONAR and third party plug-in updates for
Radikal SAC-2.2, CM Labs MotorMix, and ReWire support.